This article describes common problems you may encounter using TSL 1128, 1153, 1166, 2128, 2166 RFID devices and helps you to resolve them. The example below uses the TSL 2128 but steps are similar for the other devices listed in this article
The possible issues are:
Switching ON the TSL 2128 Device:
1. Press the trigger button once.
2. Then its LED light up Green along with beep; means power is on.
Switching OFF the TSL 2128 Device:
The TSL 2128P reader powers off automatically when no longer connected to any device and idle.
Immediately after when the TSL 2128 device is powered on, the “Bluetooth Status” LED light will automatically start flashing Blue – this indicates that TSL-2128 device is now in discoverable mode and ready to pair with a nearby iOS device
NOTE: The TSL 2128 uses only the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol, therefore iOS devices must have Bluetooth 4.0/4.1/4.2 to be able to connect to the TSL 2128 device.
1. Open the TagMatiks Wedge application and login into it.
2. On the top left of the application, you can check the reader’s connection status; as shown below [Figure 03].
3. As no RFID reader is paired with this iOS device, thus the status is showing as: “Reader Disconnected”
4. To make the connection with TSL 2128 reader; press “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of the application (highlighted in red color).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on.
5. Then multiple RFID Reader options will come on the display.
6. Select “TSL RFID Readers” (highlighted in red).
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
8. Bring TSL 2128 reader closer to the iOS device.
9. Application will show the discoverable reader’s name; as shown below[Figure 05]:
10. The reader’s name will be “2128P - XXXXXX”; where “XXXXXX” is the six- digit value of device serial number.
11. E.g., In the above image, the value “002789” is the device serial number.
When no TSL 2128 RFID reader is there nearby the iOS device OR If the Bluetooth of TSL 2128 reader is Off OR TSL 2128 Reader is not in pairing mode. OR TSL 2128 Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.”
12. Now press on the available Reader name.
13. Once you press on the reader's name, then the application will start making a connection with the TSL 2128 device.
14. On successful connection, an acknowledgment/pop window will come – stating that” 2128P-002789 has connected successfully”; refer below image[Figure 09]:
15. Application will also fetch the Serial number of connected TSL 2128 devices and show it along with the reader’s name; as shown in above image[Figure 10].
If the TSL 2128 device is “ON” but couldn’t connect to the iOS device. Then there is a possibility that the TSL 2128 device is already paired & connected to another iOS/Android device. To check the same, please follow following steps
I. TSL 2128 device LED status check:
1. Check the status of the “Bluetooth Status” LED light.
2. If it is solid blue; means TSL 2128 device is already in paired with another iOS/Android device; as shown in below image:
3. Else “Bluetooth Pairing” LED light is flashing Blue – this shows that TSL 2128 device is now in discoverable mode and ready to pair with a nearby iOS device.
II. On TagMatiks Wedge Application: TSL 2128 Reader check:
1. Press “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of TagMatiks Wedge application (highlighted in red color).
2. Select “TSL RFID Readers” (Highlighted in red).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on and near to the TSL 2128 reader.
3. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
4. If no reader comes/reflects in the reader list.
5. This means:
Either no TSL 2128 RFID reader is there nearby the iOS device OR TSL 2128 Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer below image [figure 13].
1. To read the RFID tags from TSL 2128 reader; press “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of TagMatiks Wedge application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory."
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
5. Once you Press the “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); the TSL 2128 reader will stop reading the tags.
6. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.
NOTE: The reading start/ stop can also be controlled with “Trigger” button of the TSL 2128 Sled.