This document describes overcoming common issues while exporting the data from TagMatiks Wedge. These issues are highlighted and their solutions are provided in this document.
The common issues are:
Sometimes people export their data in the wrong file format and then try to open it in the software / tool which it does not support. So it is essential to select an appropriate file format to view the data properly.
Following are the steps that will help you to choose the correct and appropriate file format for your export data file.
1. On the TagMatiks Wedge Application, to set the Export file format - click on the “Application Configuration” settings.
2. A new window will open named Application Configuration
3. Select the “Export Configuration”
4. On the “Export Configuration” page; please select the file format type from the drop down list. Refer below screenshot:
5. Under the drop down list, multiple file format options are there; as shown in the below screenshot.
6. You can select the required format.
Note: - Please select your file format; provided you should have the software / tool to open it. For example,
Creating data and exporting this data is also available in the TagMatiks Wedge application. Sometimes you may forget the path / location of the data file. It is essential to know where the data file is to be exported.
Following are the steps that will help you to select the location for exporting the data file.
1. Perform the Inventory in the TagMatiks Wedge application.
2. Once the Inventory is done, click on the “Export” button and then select the “Export Only” option from the bottom right hand side of the screen.
3. A new page will open with default file name “wedge_
4. Click on export icon - from the top right hand side of the application as shown in below screenshot
5. There are multiple options available to export the data file from the Wedge application to another location. Like through, AirDrop, Message, Bluetooth, Whatsapp, Gmail, Google Drive, Share Activity, etc.
6. These are standard sending data options available on smartphone devices.
7. Here we can save the file locally on the device by selecting the “Save to File” option.
8. Please choose the folder to save the file
Notes: - Please make sure the selected folder should be on device memory
9. Now you can access the exported data file (of Inventory), at that folder location.