This article provides information about setting up & configuring the trID RFID readers with TagMatiks Wedge.
This document is divided into multiple sections as:
A. trID Device Information
B. Switching ON & OFF trID Device
C. Pairing of trID Device with iOS device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
D. Reading of RFID Tags using trID Device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
The trID (Model R1210I) is a slim RAIN RFID reader of the easy2read© product line with integrated antenna for short range applications. The reader hosts an internal rechargeable battery and can operate both in wired mode, using a USB cable, or in wireless mode through the Bluetooth® interface. Thanks to the Bluetooth® communication interface, the trID can be connected to any Bluetooth® enabled host such as a PC, a smartphone, a PDA or a tablet for RAIN RFID readings
Switching ON the trID Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then the LED lights up GREEN along with beep & vibration; means power is on.
Switching OFF the trID Device:
1. To switch off when the trID reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its Green LED light is off, means trID device is power off.
Immediately after the trID device is powered on,
Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
either, Green - if battery is more than 35%
Orange – if battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
or, Red – if battery is lesser than 15%
And the “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the trID device is not connected to any iOS device.
1. Open the TagMatiks Wedge application and login into it.
2. On the top left of the application, you can check the reader’s connection status; as shown below.
3. As no RFID reader is paired with this iOS device, the status is showing as: “Reader Disconnected”
4. To make the connection with the trID reader; press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of the application .
Note: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on.
5. Then multiple RFID reader options will come on the display.
6. Select “Caen RFID Readers”.
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
8. Bring the trID reader close to the iOS device.
9. Application will show the discoverable reader’s name. Tap on it to make a successful connection.
10. The reader’s name will be “trID-XXXXXXXX”; where “XXXXXXXX” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
11. E.g., In the above image, the value “21480003” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
NOTE: When no trID reader is there nearby the iOS device.
If the Bluetooth of the trID reader is Off.
trID Reader is not in pairing mode.
trID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
1. To read the RFID tags from the trID reader; press the “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of the application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Then create a new Inventory and name the Inventory list. Like here it is created under the name of “TEST”.
5. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
6. The trID reader is in polling state and reading the tags. Same can be seen in the application window.
7. Once you press the “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); reader will stop reading the tags.
8. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.