This article provides information about setting up & configuring the skID RFID readers with TagMatiks Wedge.
This document is divided into multiple sections as:
A. skID Device Information
B. Switching ON & OFF skID Device
C. Pairing of skID Device with iOS device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
D. Reading of RFID Tags using skID Device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
The skID (Model R1280IE/U) is the portable reader with integrated antenna and ideal for Asset Tracking & Inventory Management applications. skID reader is designed to achieve fast reading speed and can be used in dense tag environments for top-class rated performances. The skID is a perfect addon for any Bluetooth® enabled device (such as an iPhone/Android/Windows based smartphone/laptop/tablet) and can quickly & easily transform the device into a RFID reader.
The image below shows a smartphone and skID working together during operation:
Below image is the front panel view of the skID reader.
Below image is the bottom panel view of the skID reader.
Switching ON the skID Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then the LED lights up GREEN along with beep & vibration; means power is on.
Switching OFF the Device:
1. To switch off when the skID reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its GREEN LED light is off, which means skID device is powered off.
Immediate after when skID device is powered on,
Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
either, Green - if battery is more than 35%
or, Orange – if battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
or, Red – if battery is lesser than 15%
And the “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the skID device is not connected to any iOS device.
1. Open TagMatiks Wedge and login into it.
2. On the top left of the application, you can check the reader’s connection status; as shown below.
3. As no RFID reader is paired with this iOS device, the status is showing as: “Reader Disconnected”
4. To make the connection with skID reader; press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of application (encircle in red color).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on.
5. Then multiple RFID reader options will come on the display.
6. Select “Caen RFID Readers” (Highlighted in blue).
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
8. Bring skID reader close to the iOS device.
9. Application will show the discoverable reader’s name; as shown below:
10. The reader’s name will be “skID-XXXXXXXX”; where “XXXXXXXX” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
11. E.g., In the above image, the value “204000349” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
When no skID reader is there nearby the iOS device. OR If the Bluetooth of skID reader is Off. OR skID Reader is not in pairing mode. OR skID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
Then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer above image.
1. To read the RFID tags from skID reader; press the “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Then create a new Inventory and name the Inventory list. Like here it is created under the name of “TEST”.
5. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
6. The skID reader is in polling state and reading the tags. Same can be seen in the application window.
7. Once you Press “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); reader will stop reading the tags.
8. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.