This article provides information about setting up & configuring the skID RFID readers with TagMatiks Wedge.
This document is divided into multiple sections as:
The skID (Model R1280IE/U) is the portable reader with integrated antenna and ideal for Asset Tracking & Inventory Management applications. skID reader is designed to achieve fast reading speed and can be used in dense tag environments for top-class rated performances. The skID is a perfect addon for any Bluetooth® enabled device (such as an iPhone/Android/Windows based smartphone/laptop/tablet) and can quickly & easily transform the device into a RFID reader.
The image below shows a smartphone and skID working together during operation:
Below image is the front panel view of the skID reader.
Below image is the bottom panel view of the skID reader.
Switching ON the skID Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then the LED lights up GREEN along with beep & vibration; means power is on.
Switching OFF the Device:
1. To switch off when the skID reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its GREEN LED light is off, which means skID device is powered off.
Immediate after when skID device is powered on,
Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
either, Green - if battery is more than 35%
or, Orange – if battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
or, Red – if battery is lesser than 15%
And the “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the skID device is not connected to any iOS device.
Open TagMatiks Wedge and select Manage Readers by tapping on the upper left corner of the screen.
In the Manage Readers option available Reader (s) will be displayed. Select the Caen skID reader from this list as shown in the image below.
List of recently paired RFID readers can also be seen under the Recently Connected Reader(s) section.
Once the Caen skID is connected, the application will show the Reader information on the Reader List Page.
The Settings menu has the following options :
NOTE: Toggle the Auto Reconnect option to let the application automatically connect to the reader.
1. To read the RFID tags from skID reader; press the “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Then create a new Inventory and name the Inventory list. Like here it is created under the name of “TEST”.
5. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
6. The skID reader is in polling state and reading the tags. Same can be seen in the application window.
7. Once you Press “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); reader will stop reading the tags.
8. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.