This section contains setup information for using the ASR-L251G AsReader with TagMatiks Wedge.
This document is divided into multiple sections as:
A. ASR-L251G Device Information
B. Switching ON & OFF ASR-L251G Device
C. Pairing of ASR-L251G Device with iOS device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
D. Reading of RFID Tags using ASR-L251G Device using TagMatiks Wedge Application
This GUN-Type combination model reads and writes RAIN UHF RFID tags and scans 2D/1D barcodes all-in-one.Connectivity is a breeze because the device is hard-wired. Contained within the "AsLOCK" is a magnetic USB connection ("Magconn") that allows you to connect and go instantly, without the Bluetooth pairing.
Switching ON the ASR-L251G Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds.
2. Then the LED lights up GREEN along with beep & vibration; means power is on.
Switching OFF the ASR-L251G Device:
1. To switch off when the ASR-L251G reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds.
2. Then its GREEN LED light is off, meaning the ASR-L251G device is powered off.
Immediately the ASR-L251G deviced is powered on,
Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
|Green LED blinking
|Waiting for a connection to the mobile device
|Green LED not-blinking
|Connected to mobile device
|Red LED blinking
|Battery power less than 25% (Not connected to mobile device)
|Red and green LED blinking alternately
|Battery power less than 25% (Connected to mobile device)
|Red LED not-blinking
And the “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the ASR-L251G device is not connected to any iOS device.
Open TagMatiks Wedge to it automatically connects to the reader.
Once the ASR-L251G is connected, the application will show the Reader information on the Reader List Page.
The Settings menu has the following options :
NOTE: Auto Reconnect option is enabled by default to let the application automatically connect to the reader.
1. To read the RFID tags from ASR-L251G reader; press the “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Then create a new Inventory and name the Inventory list. Like here it is created under the name of “TEST”.
5. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
6. The ASR-L251G reader is in polling state and reading the tags. Same can be seen in the application window.
7. Once you Press “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); reader will stop reading the tags.
8. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.