This article describes common problems you may encounter using Caen – skID RFID device and helps you to resolve them.
The possible issues are:
Switching ON the skID Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its LED lights up Green along with beep & vibration; means power is on.
Switching OFF the Device:
1. To switch off when the skID reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its GREEN LED light is off, which means skID device is powered off.
Immediate after when skID device is powered on,
Then the “Power LED” will turn:- either,
Green - if battery is more than 35%
or, Orange – if battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
or, Red – if battery is lesser than 15%
And “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the skID device is not connected to any iOS/ Android device.
1. Open the TagMatiks Wedge application and login into it.
2. On the top left of the application, you can check the reader’s connection status; as shown below.
3. As no RFID reader is paired with this iOS device; thus the status is showing as: “Reader Disconnected”
4. To make the connection with skID reader; press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of application (highlighted in red color).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth is on.
5. Then multiple RFID reader options will come on the display.
6. Select “Caen RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
8. Bring the skID reader close to the iOS device.
9. Application will show the discoverable reader’s name; as shown below:
10. The reader’s name will be “skID-XXXXXXXX”; where “XXXXXXXX” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
11. The value “204000349” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
12. Now press on the available Reader name.
13. Once you press on the reader's name, then the application will start making connection with that skID device.
14. On successful connection, an acknowledgment/pop window will come – stating that” skID-204000349 has connected successfully”; refer below image:
15. Application will also fetch the Serial number of connected skID device and show it along with the reader’s name; as shown in above image.
NOTE: The TagMatiks Wedge Application directly searches and pairs with skID. There is no need to first pair with the skID via the normal Bluetooth connection.
If skID device is “ON” but couldn’t connect to the iOS device. Then there is a possibility that the skID device is already paired & connected to another iOS/Android device. To check the same, please follow following steps
I. skID device LED status check:
1. Check the status of the “LED Link” light.
2. If it is solid “Blue”; means skid device is already in paired with another iOS/Android device; as shown in below image:
3. If it is “OFF” then no connection is established
4. If it is solid “Orange”means the USB cable is connected to either the Power adapter or to the computer.
5. Else it is solid “Green”; means skID device is in configuration mode.
On TagMatiks Wedge Application: skID Reader check:
1. Press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of application (highlighted in red color).
2. Select “Caen RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
3. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
4. If no reader comes/reflects in the reader list.
5. This means:
No skID reader is there nearby the iOS device. OR skID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
Then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer the image.
1. To read the RFID tags from skID reader; press the “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of the application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
5. This means the skID reader is in polling state and reading the tags. Same can be seen in the TagMatiks Wedge application window. Refer below image:
6. Once you Press “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); skID reader will stop reading the tags.
7. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.