RFID tags have various standards that make it easier for cross industry and supply chain adoption. One of the organization that has standards is GS1. TagMatiks Wedge includes extensive support for decoding these tag data standards.
GS1 is a neutral, not-for-profit, international organization developing and maintaining standards for RFID & Barcodes. GS1 standards create a common language for businesses, by uniquely identifying, accurately capturing and automatically sharing information about products, locations, assets. GS1 standards make it possible for companies to enable visibility in the supply chains across all the verticals.
GS1 EPC Tag Data Standard (TDS) specifies the data format of the EPC and provides encodings for numbering schemes -- including the GS1 keys -- within an EPC.
|S.NO #||GS1-ID Keys||Used to Identify|
|1||SGTIN||Serialized Global trade Item Number||Trade items / Product & Services
such as Soap, Garments, Shoes, Chocolate
|2||SSCC||Serial Shipping Container Code||Logistics Handling unit
such as Load on pallets, parcels
|3||SGLN*||Global Location Number (with or without extension)||Location, Places|
|4||GRAI||Global Returnable Asset Identifier (serial number mandatory)||Returnable Assets
such as Crate, Pallets, Bins
|5||GIAI||Global Individual Asset Identifier||Assets such as Laptop, Electric Motors, Foklifts|
|6||GSRN||Global Service Relation Number (for Recipient)||Service Provider / Receipt
such as Club member, Patient, Patroon
|7||GDTI||Global Document Type Identifier||Documents
such as Licences, Forms, Registrations documents
|8||CPI||Component / Part Identifier||Components & Parts
such as Auto parts & equipments
|9||SGCN||Serialized Global Coupon Number||Coupons|
|10||GINC||Global Identification Number for Consignment||Consignments|
|11||GSIN||Global Shipment Identification Number||Shipments|
|12||GMN||Global Model Number||Product model
such as Medical devices
GS1 Automatic Identification Standards are composed of several elements, i.e. GS1 Identification (ID) Keys, as:
TagMatiks Wedge is a simple to use application for RFID Mobile devices. It is designed to collect UHF RFID Tag data using an RFID handheld or RFID sled device and have an option to send that data directly into an existing Business Application / ERP / System.
Following are the features of TagMatiks Wedge:
1. User can take the inventory of RFID tagged items, in a short span with simple steps and with little effort.
2. TagMatiks Wedge is suitable to cater the inventory of tagged assets for all industry verticals.
3. TagMatiks Wedge can read all formats of UHF RAIN RFID Tags. It can read both Custom tags (having non standardize tag data) as well as tags that are encoded with the GS1 standards.
4. TagMatiks Wedge has the capability to decode the EPC (as well as user data) as per GS1 Standards. As a result, user can see the other information associated with the tag.
5. Using TagMatiks Wedge, a user can also validate, whether the RFID tags are properly encoded as per GS1 standards or not. Example, if a vendor has to dispatch the garments to a Retail Store, then he can validate – whether the garments are properly encoded with SGTIN format or not.
6. If not, then how many such garments are there in the carton/shipment. Accordingly, he can take appropriate action on it and takeout the non-standard tags. All this information can be fetched through TagMatiks Wedge and can directly send to manufacturer or source.
7. TagMatiks Wedge provides various filters to configure the Inventory based on GS1 ID keys. Thus, a user can identify the type or class of RFID tagged assets (if the EPC is encoded on GS1 standard) and accordingly user can take further action like searching, sorting, validating, receiving, dispatching, etc. processes.
8. For example, using the GRAI (Global Returnable Asset Identifier) key in the TagMatiks Wedge, the reusable transport items/assets can be easily identified and maintained and being shared with logistics people.
9. TagMatiks Wedge provides a user the ability to map their own headers /fields with the tag inventory data and then can send it to customer or export it for further processing. Using this, it becomes simple to have the relevant attributes of tagged Assets.
A user can set GS1 ID keys in the TagMatiks Wedge application; under the “Application Configuration” and use the “Filter” configuration. For detailed instructions, please read the article "Understanding Filters"