This article describes common problems you may encounter using the CS108 RFID device and helps you to resolve them.
The possible issues are:
Switching ON the CS108 Device:
1. Press the Main Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its LED lights up Green meaning power is on.
Switching OFF the CS108 Device:
1. To switch off when the CS108 device is on, press the Main Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its Green LED light is off, means CS108 device is power off.
Immediately after when CS108 device is power on, the “Bluetooth Pairing” LED light will automatically start flashing Blue – this indicates that CS108 device is now in discoverable mode and ready to pair with a nearby iOS device.
NOTE: The CS108 uses only the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol, therefore iOS devices must have Bluetooth 4.0/4.1/4.2 to be able to connect to the CS108 device.
On the right-hand side of CS108 device; all lights will be Off; as shown below:
1. Open the TagMatiks Wedge application and login into it.
2. On the top left of the application, you can check the reader’s connection status; as shown below image [figure 04].
3. As no RFID reader is paired with this iOS device, the status is showing as: “Reader Disconnected”
4. To make the connection with CS108 reader; press “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of application (highlighted in red color).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on.
5. Then multiple RFID Reader options will come on the display.
6. Select “CSL RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
8. Bring CS108 reader close to iOS device.
9. Application will show the discoverable reader’s name; as shown below image[figure 08]
10. The reader’s name will be “CS108ReaderXXXXXX”; where “XXXXX” is the last six values of the device's mac address.
11. The value “F76DE6” is the last six values of the device's mac address.
When no CS108 RFID reader is there nearby the iOS device OR If the Bluetooth of CS108 reader is Off OR CS108 Reader is not in pairing mode. OR CS108 Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer the image[figure 09].
12. Now press on the available Reader name.
13. Once you press on the reader's name, then the application will start making connection with the CS108 device.
14. On successful connection, an acknowledgment/pop window will come – stating that” CS108ReaderF76DE6 has connected successfully”; refer the image[figure 11]
15. Application will also fetch the Serial number of connected CS108 device and show it along with the reader’s name; as shown in the below image[figure 11].
NOTE: The TagMatiks Wedge Application directly searches and pairs with CS108 device. There is no need to first pair with the CS108 via the normal Bluetooth connection.
If the CS108 device is “ON” but couldn’t connect to the iOS device. Then there is possibility that the CS108 device is already paired & connected to another iOS/Android device. To check the same, please follow following steps
I. CS108 device LED status check:
1. Check the status of the “Bluetooth Pairing” LED light.
2. If it is solid blue; means CS108 device is already in paired with another iOS/Android device; as shown in below image:
3. Else “Bluetooth Pairing” LED light is flashing Blue – this shows that CS108 device is now in discoverable mode and ready to pair with a nearby iOS device.
II On TagMatiks Wedge Application: CS108 Reader check:
1. Press “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of TagMatiks Wedge application (highlighted in red color).
2. You must select “CSL RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
3. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
4. If no reader comes/reflects in the reader list.
5. This means:
Either no CS108 RFID reader is there nearby the iOS device OR CS108 Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks Wedge application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer above image[figure 15].
1. To read the RFID tags from CS108 reader; press “Inventory” button - on the left-hand side of TagMatiks Wedge application.
2. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
3. Create a new Inventory transaction, by pressing the “+” button on the right bottom of the application.
4. Press the “Scan” button (on the right bottom of the application) for reading the RFID tags.
5. Once the “Scan” button is pressed; then the “RFID” LED starts flashing.
6. This means the CS108 reader is in polling state and the reader is reading the tags. Same can be seen in the application window.
7. Once you Press “Stop” button (on the right bottom of the application); CS108 reader will stop reading the tags.
8. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window, as shown in below image[figure 18].
NOTE: The reading start/ stop can also be controlled with “Trigger” button of the CS108 Sled.
The CS108 can be directly charged by inserting a USB cable with the following plugs:
Please check the cable and insert it properly inside the charging slot.
LEDs will light up:
“Ext. Power” LED: Green LED. Whenever the CS108 is connected to an external power supply, this Green LED will light up.
“Charging” LED: Red LED. When the battery is heavily drained, this red LED will be bright. When the battery is completely recharged, this red LED will be very dim.
NOTE: Do not be alarmed if you connect the USB cable and this LED is very dim. It just means the battery is fully charged