The article explains how to upgrade the firmware of the CAEN skID RFID Reader.
The skID firmware upgrade can be performed via USB using the skID Firmware Upgrade Tool.
A Windows PC with the following minimum specs
1. Please open the link: "https://www.caenrfid.com/en/products/skid-r1280i/"
2. Scroll down for skID Firmware Upgrade Tool.
3. Click on "Download" button.
4. A "Login" popup will open.
5. If you are new on CAEN website fill the registration form and click on the "Register" button.
6. You will be redirected to home page again.
7. Now click on "Download" button to download the skID Firmware upgrade tool.
8. And download the latest Firmware from the firmware section as shown in the image below.
To upgrade the firmware, follow the steps described below
1. With the reader switched off, connect the skID reader to a PC using the provided USB cable.
2. Press simultaneously the trigger and the power button for at least 10 seconds and then release them.
3. Open the skID Firmware Upgrade Tool.
4. Click on "Next" button:
5. In the window you will see the message "Found 1 device".
6. Click on the "Browse" button to browse the firmware file.
7. Select the firmware image file by clicking on the "Browse" button.
8. Click on the "Upgrade Firmware" button and wait for the upgrade process to be completed.
9. At the end of procedure, if the upgrade has been successfully performed, you will see the messages reported in the image below:
10. Power off the reader, disconnect the USB cable and then power on the reader again: the reader is ready for normal operation.